Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Cutting Ties

Not an original title, but fitting. 
Sticking with my New Years resolutions, I am putting myself first and I am officially cutting ties with the girls.  This is sad in a sense as I've known them my entire life it seems.  Saturday, I was suppose to have a nice brunch with the girls, and well, you know, the best laid plans of mice & men...
It was painfully obvious that our friendship has run it's course.  Like ripping off a band-aid, it hurts at first but then the pain subsides and like with any break-up, you focus on the good times, quietly ignoring the bad, and you think, maybe, just maybe you made a mistake, but when push comes to shove, you know it's the right thing. 
c'est la vie

I'm almost done with my first picot sock.  I love it!!! BMFA Puck's Mischief is such a great colorway, the only pooling I have so far is at the gusset (i think) otherwise it's lovely and stripey. 

I have 3 skeins of Noro in my stash & 8 skeins of Casscade Eco wool in a lovely cream color.  I have 1 of 2 options, being that I really would like to make the girls each a blanket for Christmas, (and the one I want to make frankly I can't afford to), I have been noticing the mitered crosses here there and everywhere.  It won't take that much Noro for the crosses and I can use the Eco for the border.  Maybe? 

Plus that means I'll have an excuse to get new yarn for my Francis Revisited.  Win-win I'd say. 

Whatcha think? 

1 comment:

adam said...

So do you think you will take your own advice this time???

I did finish the steering wheel cover for the 66 in time for the show.It looked good but since I finished in the cellar while babysitting the sump pumps........well it kinda smells like stinky water........oh well I'm almost done with the second one

So what i want to know is what is Pammy planning on knitting your honey for Christmass