Thursday, December 11, 2008
1. Do you like blue cheese? no, only the dressing and that's only to cool the buffalo chicken strips that i make.
2. Do you own a gun? No but i did (do have an FID card, do they expire?) i had a boyfriend who was into guns and thought it would be a good idea if i learnt. however the only thing he tought me was how to drive his manual car, in case we went out and he was drunk and couldn't drive home.
3. Wax or Shave your body parts? depends on the body part
4. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? No
5. Real or fake nails? Real - for the time being.
6. Favorite Christmas song? anything by Dean Martin
7. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? coffee
8. Can you do push ups? uh, no. actually i don't know.
9. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? diamond earrings (the only jewelry i wear) and the necklace that my dad gave me the valentines day the year he died. i had it wrapped around my bouquet when i got married.
10. Favorite hobby? cooking & knitting
11. Do you have A.D.D.? maybe
12. What's one trait that you hate about yourself? that i'm lazy
13. Middle Name? Louise - after my great aunt.
14. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? it's far to early to be awake. i need more coffee. i hate the guys digging in my driveway who rudely woke me up at 7:16am with loud banging
15. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Water, coffee, wine
16. Current worry right now? that i'm never going to get a job
17. Current hate right now? being unemployed
18. Favorite place to be? home, cuddled up on the couch.
20. Like to go Shopping? oh ya. especially for books and yarn.
22. Do you own slippers? yes, red fuzzy ones with no back and blue ballet fuzzy inside ones.
23. What color shirt are you wearing ? white t-shirt and a fleece thing.
24. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? yes
26. Favorite color? red
27. Would you be a pirate? hell ya! pilledge, steal & drinking... who wouldnt' want to be a pirate??!?!?
28. What songs do you sing in the shower? whatevers on the radio, unless i'm up early enough to listen to Oppie & Anthony
29. Favorite girl's name? Isabella
30. Favorite boy's name? Robert or Joseph
31. What's in your pocket right now? nothing - am in my pj's and they don't have pockets.
32. Last thing that made you laugh? the dark knight - i'll make this pencil disapear!
33. Best bed sheets as a kid? my smurf sheets.
34. Worst injury you've ever had? when i fell directly onto my left knee walking (i slipped on some kinda of berry that fell from a tree...my knee swelled up, i couldn't walk on it. good times!)
35. Do you love where you live? yes, although not to fond of it this morning, with all the noise
36. How many TV's do you have in your house? 2 and sadly they are both in the living room.
37. Who is your loudest friend? annarita.
38. How many pets do you have? 2 my little lila girl and big cuddlebug sirius.
39. Does someone have a crush on you? um, sure, who not!
40 What is your favorite book? at the moment, the Twillight books and Lying in Bed by JD Landis
41. What is your favorite candy? gummies.
42. Favorite Sports Team? um, patriots. maybe... i don't really watch sports unless i'm forced to.
43. What were you doing 12 AM last night? going to bed.
44. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? want to hit the boys for being loud at 7:16 this morning.
45. Worst habit? bitting my nails
46. Do you play an instrument? i played bass for a little bit.
47. How long does it take you to get to work? no time at all and i think we've beaten that horse enough, don't you?
48. Plans for the weekend? sleeping, probably going to lunch with my mom where she'll yell at me for being a bad daughter and abandoning her on thanksgiving and choosing his family over her - but i digress.
49. If you could eat anything right this second what would it be? peanut butter cookies with reeses pieces in them
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
2. Real tree or artificial? fake, i use to live on the 3rd floor, by the time the tree made it up the stairs half the needles were off, plus, i have 2 cats, they would drink the water.
3. When do you put up the tree? usually around the 15th or so.
4. When do you take the tree down? day after little christmas
5. Do you like eggnog? no, but i do love me some hot cocoa with fluff
6. Favorite gift received as a child? my strawberry shortcake rollerskates?
7. Hardest person to buy for? doug
8. Easiest person to buy for? Mom
9. Do you have a nativity scene? my mom does and i don't let her put the baby jesus out till christmas day b/c hello, he wasn't born yet!!
10. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Mail.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? i don't know
12. Favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Story, the bishop's wife, it's a wonderful life, holiday inn and meet me in st. louis
13. When do you start shopping? Mid-December when the panic sets in
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? no
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? gingerbread cake (family recipe)
16. Lights on the tree? Lots of 'em. White
17. Favorite Christmas song? anything by dean martin
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? go to my moms
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? um, maybe... probably not...i can name all the 7 dwarves...
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? neither, jack skellington dressed up as santa...
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning!!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? the fact that it now starts in October
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? all my ornaments are my favorite...
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? lobster risotto...christmas eve dinner
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? a job
Monday, December 8, 2008
1. Started my own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than I can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world
8. Climbed a mountain (in flip flops no less)
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sung a solo
11. Bungee jumped (kinda, it was a skydive thing in Maine.)
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched lightning at sea
14. Taught myself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown my own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught myself a new language (trying counts right?)
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had my portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain (and danced...)
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had my picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous (Glenn Koche of Wilco, Darren Grey and have run (twice, tripped over once) into Peter Wolfe (i believe the first time i referred to him as that guy wearing the ugly hat) on several occassions, usually revolving around me going to or coming from the bathroom at clubs)
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a lawsuit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Rode an elephant
Friday, November 14, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Where is your mobile phone? couch
Where is your significant other? couch
Your hair colour? brown
Your mother? friend
Your father? gone :(
Your favourite thing? kitties
Your dream last night? Forgotten
Your dream goal? rich
The room you're in? Dim
Your hobby? knitting
Your fear? bees
Where do you want to be in 6 years? Present
Where were you last night? home
What you're not? gracefull
One of your wish-list items? Fireplace
Where you grew up? somerville
The last thing you did? cook
What are you wearing? jeans
Your TV? BFF
Your pets? skootchie
Your computer? entertaining
Your mood? sleepyl
Missing someone? yup
Your car? fabulous
Something you're not wearing? Socks
Favourite shop? crate & Barrell (does that count?)
Your summer? hot
Love someone? entirely
Your favourite colour? black
When is the last time you laughed? today
When is the last time you cried? friday
Play along — it's fun!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
I am getting back in touch with an old friend, I finished a Monkey, bought a pig (stuffed, not real, as no pigs (monkeys, llamas, sheep, dogs or any other cute furry critter i can think of) are allowed, just the 2 kitties), my interviews the past 2 days, look promising, so fingers crossed. Both are family run businesses, which is good, because you spend enough time with them, they are like your family...I love Novemeber. ooh, is that ok to say or will I jinx something?
Sunday, November 2, 2008
What I did on Halloween...I thefted Lish's (Lishes?) idea and rented a couple movies, ate chocolate & cookies. What did I watch you ask?...Shawshank Redemtion. True, I had never seen that movie before, but now I have, so, LEAVE ME ALONE! It was good, surprise, surprise, I didn't cry, dont' think I'll have an urge to watch it again, but I can finally cross it off my list of movies " have to watch" according to other people, other movies include, Death to Schmoochy, Big Time (Tom Waits) etc. Scanners & Retrurn of the Living Dead were on the list, but, thanks to Halloween, they've been on TV so, a Pammy has had the displeasure of watching those fine 80's flicks. You know what Pammy wants, more CORY HAIM!
Am going to go drink my yummy tea in the hopes it will make my tummy less summersalty.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
A.) Go to Music Outfitters
B.) Enter the year you graduated from high school in the search function and get the list of 100 most popular songs of that year
C.) Bold the songs you like, strike through the ones you hate and underline your favorite. Do nothing to the ones you don’t remember (or don’t care about)
1. The Sign, Ace Of Base
2. I Swear, All-4-One
3. I'll Make Love To You, Boyz II Men
4. The Power Of Love, Celine Dion
5. Hero, Mariah Carey
6. Stay (I Missed You), Lisa Loeb and Nine Stories
7. Breathe Again, Toni Braxton
8. All For Love, Bryan Adams, Rod Stewart and Sting
9. All That She Wants, Ace Of Base
10. Don't Turn Around, Ace Of Base
11. Bump N' Grind, R. Kelly
12. Again, Janet Jackson
13. I'll Remember, Madonna
14. Whatta Man, Salt-N-Pepa
15. Wild Night, John Mellencamp and Me'shell Ndegeocello
16. Without You/Never Forget You, Mariah Carey
17. You Mean The World To Me, Toni Braxton
18. Can You Feel The Love Tonight, Elton John
19. The Most Beautiful Girl In The World, Prince Symbol
20. Fantastic Voyage, Coolio
21. Baby I Love Your Way, Big Mountain
22. Regulate, Warren G and Nate Dogg
23. If You Go, Jon Secada
24. Back and Forth, Aaliyah
25. Now And Forever, Richard Marx
26. When Can I See You, Babyface
27. Please Forgive Me, Bryan Adams
28. So Much In Love, All-4-One
29. Shoop, Salt-N-Pepa
30. Any Time, Any Place/And On And On, Janet Jackson
31. Shine, Collective Soul
32. Said I Loved You...But I Lied, Michael Bolton
33. Return To Innocence, Enigma
34. All I Wanna Do, Sheryl Crow
35. Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm, Crash Test Dummies
36. Can We Talk, Tevin Campbell
37. Funkdafied, Da Brat
38. I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That), Meat Loaf
39. Gangsta Lean, Drs
40. Because The Night, 10,000 Maniacs
41. Cantaloop, US3
42. Whoomp! (There It Is), Tag Team
43. Come To My Window, Melissa Etheridge
44. Stroke You Up, Changing Faces
45. I'm Ready, Tevin Campbell
46. 100% Pure Love, Crystal Waters
47. Anytime You Need A Friend, Mariah Carey
48. Because Of Love, Janet Jackson
49. Linger, Cranberries
50. Loser, Beck
51. Found Out About You, Gin Blossoms
52. Gin And Juice, Snoop Doggy Dogg
53. Never Lie, Immature
54. Streets Of Philadelphia, Bruce Springsteen
55. Getto Jam, Domino
56. Endless Love, Luther Vandross and Mariah Carey
57. I Miss You w/ Aaron Hall
58. Understanding, Xscape
59. This D.J., Warren G
60. Cry For You, Jodeci
61. Keep Ya Head Up, 2Pac
62. Who Am I (What's My Name?), Snoop Doggy Dogg
63. Another Night, Real McCoy
64. Your Body's Callin', R. Kelly
65. Tootsee Roll, 69 Boyz
66. I Can See Clearly Now, Jimmy Cliff
67. Never Keeping Secrets, Babyface
68. Crazy, Aerosmith
69. Just Kickin' It, Xscape
70. At Your Best (You Are Love), Aaliyah
71. Rock And Roll Dreams Come Through, Meat Loaf
72 Amazing, Aerosmith
73. Always, Erasure
74. Groove Thang, Zhane
75. Dreams, Gabrielle
76. Mr. Vain, Culture Beat
77. Mary Jane's Last Dance, Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers
78. Anything, SWV
79. Beautiful In My Eyes, Joshua Kadison
80. Stay, Eterna
81. Flava In Ya Ear, Craig Mack
82. U.N.I.T.Y., Queen Latifah
83. Prayer For The Dying, Seal
84. Secret, Madonna
85. Here Comes The Hotstepper, Ini Kamoze
86. Everyday, Phil Collins
87. Don't Take The Girl, Tim McGraw
88. Got Me Waiting, Heavy D and The Boyz
89. December 1963 (Oh, What A Night), Four Seasons
90. Indian Outlaw, Tim McGraw
91. Always, Bon Jovi
92. I'm The Only One, Melissa Etheridge
93. Back In The Day, Ahmad
94. Love Sneakin' Up On You, Bonnie Raitt
95. I'll Take You There, General Public
96. Always In My Heart, Tevin Campbell
97. What Is Love, Haddaway
98. And Our Feelings, Babyface
99. Bop Gun (One Nation), Ice Cube
100. I Wanna Be Down, Brandy
i don't even know half these songs....that's so sad.
Sunday, October 12, 2008
What were you doing when you were 21? Let's relive shall we????Here we go....!
1. In what year did you turn 21? 1997
2. How many years ago was that? 11
3. What if anything was memorable in how you looked? um, i had the grunge look down...
4. What was your favorite outfit? babydoll dress, fishnets and combat boots
5. What kind of car did you drive? 1986 chevy cavilar
6. Did you have a job? i worked at a motorclub during the week and a drycleaners on Sat.
7. Did you like your job? it was ok.
8. Did you have a boyfriend/girlfriend? i had a davey
9. What can you remember about them? he's a sweetie and a good friend
10. Did you have any close friends? um, sure.
11. Do you still stay in touch with them? um, sure
12.Did you do anything special on your 21st birthday? went to a chinese food place for drinks and the gang had to tell them to card me... sad.
13.What was the most memorable moment of the year of 21? i don't know...
Now it's your turn! Repost this with your answers on your blog!
on another note, Lila caught a mouse. and yes i screamed like a girl. the boys found it amusing....
Thursday, October 2, 2008
The strongest man I ever knew Wastin' away to nothin'
In that hospital room
'You know he's only hangin' on for you'
That's what the night nurse said
My voice and heart were breakin'
As I crawled up in his bed, and said You can let go now, Daddy You can let go
Your little girl is ready To do this on my own
It's gonna be a little bit scary
But I want you to know I'll be okay now, Daddy You can let go You can let go
It's been 12 years and 10 days since my daddy passed and I still miss him like crazy.
I love you daddy.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
** Sad News!! **
Paul Newman passed this past Friday after a long battle with cancer. He was a legend and will be missed.
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Stupid E-Harmony commercials! Bragging about being married for 48yrs...pffffft! :p
ok, am over that now.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
I was productive and there's a Burn Notice marathon on right now!!!
hmmm...me thinks I'm going to roll around nekkid in my yarn stash...OMG! I'm KIDDING!!!!!
Sunday, September 14, 2008
i have done no knitting. but i have napped, alot... depression is fun!! :p
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you've eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Optional extra: Post a comment at www.verygoodtaste.co.uk linking to your results.
The VGT Omnivore's Vegetarian's Hundred:
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros
4. Steak tartare
6. Black pudding
7. Cheese fondue
10. Baba ghanoush
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi
15. Hot dog from a street cart
16. Epoisses cheese
17. Black truffle chopped up in things.
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries
23. Foie gras
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn, or head cheese
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper
27. Dulce de leche
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam chowder
33. Salted lassi and sweet lassi
35. Root beer float
37. Clotted cream tea
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insects
43. Phaal curry
44. Goat's milk
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more (21 year old chivas regal...)
47. Chicken tikka masala
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear
52. Umeboshi fruit
55. McDonald's Big Mac Meal
57. Dirty gin martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV
60. Carob chips
63. Kaolin the clay/mineral in Kaopectate?
65. Durian fruit
66. Frogs' legs
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake all of them
69. Fried plantain both platanos and maduros
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe
74. Gjetost, or brunost cheese
76. Baijiu wine
77. Hostess Fruit Pie (made with lard)
79. Lapsang souchong tea
81. Tom yum soup
82. Eggs Benedict
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant
85. Kobe beef
88. Flowers nasturtium, violets, rose petals
90. Criollo chocolate
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa hot sauce
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox
97. Lobster Thermidor
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Friday, September 5, 2008
i have an interview on Monday, i hope i like the place, that they are normal and all that. i deserve a normal job working for a normal company and with normal people. so, please send good vibes on Monday at 1pm. :) i'd appreciate it - as would the credit card company because then i could pay them, but that's a story for another post!
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
So much has happened in the past week, we put my little cooking buddy down, my hatred of my boss led to my quitting my job and I am currently filling in at my moms place of employment and man alive am I sleepy!
So, that is what's new with me....
Monday, August 18, 2008
Monday, August 11, 2008
and for some reason, Escape (The Pina Colada Song) really pisses me off. i vehemently hate that song with a passion that would inspire great world wars (really sounded good in my head), but you catch my drift. i have no idea why i have such hatred for this ridiculous song, but i do and i wanted to share and so i have.
however, i LOVE cherry tree hill supersock yarn.
Friday, August 8, 2008
Friday, August 1, 2008
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Stolen from Bags n Trash: Home of the Yarn Monster:
Who was your first prom date? Anthony, he asked me to his serior prom when i was a junior (i therefor did not go to my Jr. prom) and oddly enough he is now married to my friend Nicole... Do you still talk to your first love? sadly, yes... i don't know why tho What was your first alcoholic drink? strawberry daquri
What was your first job? Dunkin Donuts... got fired after a month as i never went to work when i was scheduled
What was your first car? my dad's chevy caviler that i inherited when he died. first car i bought is my little green honda that i love!!
Who was the first person to text you today? No one. Who is the first person you thought of this morning? i don't think in the morning. Who was your first grade teacher? Sister Clareta
Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane? family trip to Florida Who was your first best friend and are you still friends? Nicole who lived down the street and yes i still talk to her. What was your first sport played? seriously? no idea... probably dodge ball in grade school Where was your first sleepover? my you are expecting me to remember alot! Who was the first person you talked to this morning? human person - doug, felines the troublesome trio.
Whose wedding were you first in? Nicole, was her maid of honor as she was in mine. What was the first thing you did this morning? Hit the snooze button.
What was the first concert you went to? the Monkees (wierd al opened)
What was your first tattoo or piercing? I got my ears pierced when I was little, first tat was when i turned 18...it has since been removed, bad memories.
What was the first foreign country you went to? Italy
What was your first run in with the law? i'm a good girl i don't get in trouble with the law... unless speeding tickets count... When was your first detention? HS Jr. year... i think i skipped too What was the first state you lived in? Maine Who was the first person to break your heart? So many boys... Who was your first roommate? My ex hubby Where did you go in your first limo ride? my aunt or nana's funeral
Friday, July 18, 2008
I now understand why I was in a knitting funk. Many moons ago, I ordered some yummy yarn from the Loopy Ewe, it's Cherry Tree Hill, Supersock Thin in "Carnivale" and I have been dying to knit it since I got it, and well I decided that I would cast on a pair of Monkey's with it. I'm just so excited, I started knitting on my sweeties socks. I don't quite get it either.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
WOO HOO!! 2 more days of work left!!!
I volunteered to knit a square for Stacy of Sheep in the City's dads blanket. He is battling cancer, and I wish him luck with his new treatment.
Check it out and knit a square!
Picked up my Birthday Sweater last night and knit a bit on it. So happy to be done with the ribbing and onto the stockenette. Am hoping that if I knit on it (on it?) I will hopefully be able to wear it this coming winter. =D
Now I give you a meme shamelessly taken from I run Seattle (thank you!!)
1. What's for breakfast? so far a large DD ice coffee and a small bag of honey bbq nuts.
2. Do you read a newspaper daily? no
3. What do you do when you can't sleep? take a sleeping pill
4. Say a word that sums up your mood. happy
5. Do you remember your dreams? no, i am convinced that i don't dream.
6. Name something from your dream last night. wish i could
7. Name a food that describes you. hmmm i don't know
8. Today you are wearing: jeans, green flowy top and flip flops
9. What's in your pockets? nothing
10. Did you sing in the shower today? no, i listen to Opie and Anthony in the morning during the week, the weekends however, yes i do sing in the shower
11. What's the last song you heard? i don't know what the name of it is, but it had to do with these people who died who are friends of the singer....remind me not become friends with this guy.
12. Looking forward to the holidays? Yes!
13. Where do you want to be this instant? home
14. What's for lunch? chicken salad sandwhich & grapes...maybe some cheeze its (reduce fat)
15. What's something you would like to do soon? go home
16. Reading anything now? What is it? Blow Fly by Patricia Cornwell (in the Scarpetta series)
17. What's for dinner? shrimp and veggie stir fry with orzo
18. A favorite part of the day is: seeing my sweetie
19. Are you happy? for the most part, yes.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
That's all I gots for my little googley butts today.
Friday, July 11, 2008
One movie that made you laugh: Black Sheep
One movie that made you cry: Saving Private Ryan (must stop watching WWII movies...)
One movie that you loved as a child: I don't know about a movie, but I certainly did loves me some Fraggle Rock!!
One movie you've seen more than once: Mostly Martha, Big Night, The Philadelphia Story, Sabrina (the orignal)..trust me, there's alot.
One movie you loved, but were embarrased to admit it: Deuce Bigalow, Male Gigolo
One movie you hated: I Heart Huckabees (I think it's too smart for me or something), Hudsucker Proxy, Santa Sleigh
One movie that scared you: Saw - seriously, had to check my closets, under the bed, behind doors and behind the shower curtain for a person with a pig head on after i saw that.
One movie that bored you: For the Love of the Game
One movie that made you happy: Sabrina
One movie that made you miserable: I am trying to Break your heart the Wilco movie. didn't want to be there
One movie that you weren't brave enough to see: Snakes on a Plane, Train or Automobile I will not see, nor anything to do with bees
One movie characted you've fallen in love with: CK Dexter Haven
The last movie you saw: Sex in the City
The next movie you hope to see: HELL BOY 2 BABY!! WHOO HOO!!
Now tag 5 people: you are all tagged!!! :p
Thursday, July 10, 2008
I am pleased it's Thursday for many reasons, such as, I am going to dinner tonight with Janey-Pooh, Margarita's at Chili's..woooo! Also, with today being Thursday, can only mean that tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!! the bestest day of the work week!
Saturday I have a BBQ to attend which means no knitting (they wouldn't understand, sad, but true) till Sunday, which is A-OK with me, as sweetie has promised to cook me dinner!! Yay! (am sure it's gonna turn into that episode of GG where Jackson cooks dinner for Sookie and she's all trying to get up in his cooking groove in the kitchen...will try to control myself)
Got a little bit done on my sweetie-man's socks (ha, ha, cause i'm doing the gentleman's sock, only i don't have the book, so i'm guessing at what the pattern is by the picture so i renamed it...really this sounded better in my head). Have cast on for Chickie's other baby cable sock, just haven't done anything with it since then. Oh well.
That's all I got my little jellybeans.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Monday, July 7, 2008
I am sleepy and want to take a nap, however protocol suggests that being that I am at work I should be awake. BOOOO!!!
I have started on Wendy's SoS 2008 sock pattern. I am using Sundara's yarn in the Cherry Blossom colorway, which is just soooo pretty! So yay!
Am stealing a page from Crazy Aunt Purls book...
2008 Birthday Resolutions:
- Budget - find one that works and stick to it
- Debt - get out of it, somehow - this is where the budget comes in handy
- General - stop spending (not that I have the extra cash to spend at the moment anyways...)money on stupid things and by stupid things I mean books...that's what library's are for. and stop buying stupid things... i don't know what the stupid things are, but i certainly have enough of them.
- Ask for Help - (which if you know me, know this is easier said than done, esp. when it comes to money, I'm 32 I should have this under control by now right?) regarding the budget and money things, obviously, I don't know what I'm doing, if I did I wouldn't be writing this category.
- Credit Card - PAY ON TIME!! it's hard because all the bills are due at the same time. I think the CC companies do this on purpose to drive you bonkers and make you feel like a horrid person with no control over anything.
- Walk - for many reasons, mostly tho to whittle down the size of my ass, which is clearly unaware it's on a white girl, yes i went there, when sir mix a lot wrote baby got back, ya, he was talking about my ass.
- Sit ups - i have no idea how many is a good amount, so i will start off with 15 regular crunches, 15 side things, and 15 leg lifty things... that's 45 total, a good amount to start off with.
- Arms - they are getting flabby up top, have to do something about them now so that when i am later in years they aren't the size of my thighs. can you tone your arms with resistance bands?
- Thighs - speaking of thighs, they are a smidge big. hopefully walking will help.
- Parking - park far away from the enterance so i have to walk a ways to get to the store.
- Fruits and Veg - try to eat more of them. make more stir frys and try new fruits and veg and eat more salad, it's the summer.
- Sugar - try to eat as much of it as i have been. that means no cotton candy, no chocolate, no cake, once and while is ok and once and while does not mean once a week.
- Fast Food - honestly, i don't eat that much fast food, although i do frequent Kelly's and other places like that, and even tho they are fast food, it's not McDonald's or BK or Taco Bell...you get the idea.
- Water - drink more of it.
- Milk - will drink a glass a day, it's good for me.
- Portion Control - learn it, use it...
- Diet - i am on a yarn one and sock yarn counts as i have far too much of it (and no money to spend on more)
- UFO - finish them, and if like the FiL sweater, it's something i will never finish, frog it and reuse the yarn from something that i (or someone) will get use out of.
- Stash - organize it, although i don't know how one would do that.
- 401(k) - deposit money into it, even if it's just $50.
- Savings - start doing it, it's hard to do at the moment with the looming debt and all, but i really need start again.
- Storage - sell some of the crap that is in there, less stuff = smalled storage unit = less storage rent. if i do manage to sell things, put the money into savings.
- Mood - stop being so friggin cranky. (easier said than done, i'm sure). think positively, be calm and all that hippy crap :P
- Moisturize - i was in a habit of doing that in the morning and at night, now i don't do it at all. must start up again so that when i older and have hot arms and smaller ass, i'm not all saggy and wrinkly.
- Ex Hubby - make a conscience effort not to bring him (or his crazy family) up around sweetie, i don't do it often, but the times i do i'm sure are annoying.
- Self - read more (yes it's possible). turn off the tv and listen to the radio. play a game of cards or something with sweeting once a week or so.
That's all I can think of. It's a long list, but do-able, as long as I make the effort. =)
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Friday, July 4, 2008
LAST MOVIE YOU SAW IN A THEATRE? Sex in the City - which was surprisingly good. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING? - Friday Night Knitting Club
FAVOURITE BOARD GAME? - Trivial Pursuit
MAGAZINE? Interweaves Knits and InStyle
FAVOURITE SMELLS? Coffee, Sulfur (which can't be healthy), grapefruit
FAVOURITE SOUNDS? rain storms (as long as there's no lightening...)
WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD? being alone
WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE? i like this song, i'll just lay here till it's over.
FAVOURITE FAST FOOD PLACE? McDonalds (i know, i know)
FUTURE CHILDS NAME? i have no idea...
FINISH THIS STATEMENT—’IF I HAD A LOT OF MONEY I’D…… pay off my debt, my moms apartment, give some money to my brother, buy a house with a claw tub, pay a lot in taxes the following year.
DO YOU DRIVE FAST? yes, it's hereditary.
DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? depends
STORMS–COOL OR SCARY? a little bit of both.
WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? my dad's old car, 1988 Chevy caviler, grey with grey interior.
FAVOURITE DRINK? Chivas regal and ginger ale
FINISH THIS STATEMENT-IF I HAD THE TIME I WOULD… Knit
DO YOU EAT THE STEMS ON BROCCOLI? yes
IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY OTHER COLOUR, WHAT WOULD BE YOUR CHOICE? blond
NAME ALL THE DIFFERENT CITIES/TOWNS YOU HAVE LIVED IN? Somerville, Medford, Salem & Peabody
FAVOURITE SPORTS TO WATCH? if i have to pick one, i'd say hockey
ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? i stole it from the plucky knitter, whose blog i stalk .
WHATS UNDER YOUR BED? i have no idea.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE BORN AS YOURSELF AGAIN? why not... although, can i request bigger boobs and a smaller ass on the next model...?
MORNING PERSON OR NIGHT OWL? i'm more of an afternoon person.
OVER EASY OR SUNNY SIDE UP? don't like eggs
FAVOURITE PLACE TO RELAX? on the couch with my sweetie, the kitties and my yarn.
FAVOURITE PIE? blueberry with vanilla ice cream
FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOUR? strawberry or spumoni
OF ALL THE PEOPLE YOU HAVE TAGGED, WHO IS THE MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST? If you are reading this, consider yourself tagged!!!
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Am trudging along on the Thuja, I don't know why I just don't have the groove for it yet.
Am going to listen to my gal Lishy and rip the FiL sweater and make something else with it. The yarn is too nice (ok, expensive) to go unworn.
Doubt I will get much knitting done tomorrow and that saddens me. Maybe I'll sneak some in before I head over to Chickies for the bbq. ;)
I am sleepy and am in need of a nap
a) type your answer to the questions below in flickr search; use only the first page to pick an image, and
b) copy and past your picture URLs into the mosaic maker.
The questions are:
1. What is your first name?
2. What is your favourite food?
3. What high school did you go to?
4. What is your favourite colour?
5. Who is your celebrity crush?
6. Favourite drink?
7. Dream vacation?
8. Favourite dessert?
9. What you want to be when you grow up?
10. What do you love most in life?
11. One word to describe you.
12. Your flickr name.
Go on try it, you know you want to!
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Accent: I don't think I have one (thank you drama class) but when I'm really p/o'd I can go from zero to Brooklyn in under 60 seconds...and ya, lived in MA all my life
Breakfast or no breakfast: no breakfast
Chore I don’t care for: all of them...cleaning the cat box
Dog or Cat: cats
Essential Electronics: computer, t.v., alarm clock, cell phone and my car
Favorite Cologne: spring/summer JLo Still fall/winter Victoria's Secret No. 15
Gold or Silver: silver or white gold
Handbag I carry most often: depends on where I'm going
Job: Office Manager
Living Arrangements: shacking up
3 Most Admirable Trait: am loyal, friendly, caring (apparently i'm also a golden retriever)
Naughtiest Childhood Behavior: who knows, I just know I was grounded....ALOT
Overnight hospital stays: Last year when I had bells palyse cause by lyme disease
Phobias: bees and snakes, I don't muchly alot of things, and will avoid them but bees and snakes, can't deal with.
Quote: Life is hard, after all it kills you - Katherine Hepburn
Reason to smile: It's a nice day out, I have a great family and a sweetie who loves me and who I love.
Siblings: 1 brother
Time I wake up: btwn 5:30 and 6am
Unusual Talent or Skill: am a smidge psychic and i can cross my toes.
Vegetable I Refuse to Eat: squash
Worst Habit: bite my nails and have since i was little
X-rays: I had to have an xray on my ankle when I twisted it and my knees.
Yummy Stuff: cotton candy, can't get enough of that as of late.
Zoo Animal I Like Most: i love the lions, lemurs, sea lions and monkeys
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
On a sad front, we are almost done with Season 6 of 24, it'll be the end of Chivas/24 Sunday, and well that can only mean one thing boys and girls... Millennium/Margarita Mondays!! Can I get a Whoot Whoot... oh ya, I went there, that's just how I roll.
YES/NO GAME RULES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
You can only say yes or no. You are NOT ALLOWED to explain ANYTHING unless someone messages you and asks!
Over 18? Yes
Danced in front of your mirror naked? yes
Ever told a lie? Yes
Been arrested? No
Kissed a picture? Yes
Fallen asleep at work/school? Yes
Held an actual snake? Hell NO
Ever run a red light? Yes
Ever drink and drive? No
Been suspended from school? No
Ever been fired from a job? Yes
Totaled a car/motorbike in an accident? No
Sang karaoke? Yes
Done something you told yourself you wouldn't? Yes
Laughed until something you were drinking came out your nose? No
Ever laughed until you wet yourself? Yes
Caught a snowflake on your tongue? Yes
Kissed in the rain? Yes
Sang in the shower? Yes
Sat on a rooftop? Yes
Thought about your past with regret? No
Been pushed in the pool with your clothes on? Yes
Shaved your head? No
Blacked out from drinking? No
Had a gym membership? Yes
Been in a band? No
Shot a gun? Yes
Liked someone with nobody else knowing about it? Yes
Played strip poker? No
Been to a strip joint? No
Donated Blood? No
Liked someone you shouldn't? Yes
Have a tattoo? Yes
Have or had any piercings besides ears? Yes
Made out with a complete stranger? Yes
Caught someone cheating on you? No
Skinny dipped? No
Regret any of your ex's? No
Been to a rodeo? No
Been to a NASCAR race? No
Been in Love? Yes
Monday, June 30, 2008
List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your spring summer. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.
"He's a Tramp" by Peggy Lee - i don't know, so don't ask.
"I Want You To Want Me" by Cheap Trick - just a good song
"Rock and Roll Fantasy" by Bad Company - just a fun sing along in the car song.
"I Want a Little Sugar in my Bowl" by Nina Simone - some days, you just need a little Nina
"Baby's Coming Back" by Jellyfish - just a fun song...and like Bad Company it's a fun car song
"Piece of Me" by Britney Spears - can't believe i just admited that
"I Thought I Knew Ya" by Martin Sexton - cause i just lurves me some Marty
Consider yourself tagged.
Friday, June 27, 2008
I think this is a good sign as the past couple of years I haven't been into Christmas, and those who know me, know I LOVE Christmas, the decorations, everyone seems to be a little happier and friendlier and there's SNOW!! and I love snow...alot. I have decided that this year we (my sweetie and I) are putting up a tree. If it's a small tabletop tree so be it, but a tree is being put up. Hmmm, maybe I can find a small white tree, blue lights and the decorations i bought last year would look really smart. It's begining to look alot like Christmas...
I didn't go to knit night last night, I wasn't feeling well. :(
Am going to work more on Thuja today, as yesterday I got the cuff done, which i think I dislike more than anything and I don't know why.
I will be 32 next Friday. I will be forced to watch fireworks, but I will be entertained before hand with my knitting, so all is not lost. I am not going to force myself to finish my Sexy Summer Sizzle for the July 12th get together as it's a great pattern and I don't want to hate it and if I force myself to knit it, I will end up hating it. So for now, I am going to knit socks and be happy.
Thursday, June 26, 2008
I am warm, which if you know me is highly unusual and I am super sleepy. Such is life in big the city.
I have a chunk of thuja done, will work on it a little more tonight when I get bored with my Sexy Summer Sizzle. (no fault of the pattern, I just have knitting A.D.D.) I'll work on my house socks when I get home before sweetie gets home from work.
I love USA Network online as they have full episodes of Burn Notice. I just started the series and I do have say it is FABULOUS!! and the fact that Bruce Campbell is in it (who I'm currently crushing on) is an extra added bonus.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
And denial ain't just a river in Egypt....
I worry too much I think.
Anywho, my comfy bed socks are coming along fabulously... Thuja however, not so much, but only because I haven't picked them up since the cast on. Will knit on them today.
Monday, June 23, 2008
Watched No Country for Old Men, and I will admit, I was disappointed at the ending, I understand it, but it was dissapointing none the less. And my lord was it a funny movie!!
Anywho, now on to sadder news, George Carlin died of heart failure over the weekend at the age of 71.
Friday, June 20, 2008
My sweetie will be working all weekend. :( That means no Chivas/24 Sunday.
Maybe I'll just rent some chick flicks, hunker down on the couch and knit on my socks, as Saturday is the start of "Summer of Socks 2008" and I gotta tell ya, I gots me some sock yarn that I have been dying to bust out. Have decided that my lovely Sundra Cherry Blossom colorway will be made into socks with baby cables...or monkeys... I just don't know, will keep you posted.
Friday, June 13, 2008
I need something explained. Cowls, I just don't get it. Please, someone, help me to understand.
The loverly green/blue ocean yarn I got from McKate, I have decided to make a pair of socks out of. I can't wait. I have joined Summer of Socks 2008, so hopefully, there will be socks a plenty to look at and go...'ooooo, purdy socks'.
I have done nothing on my ssexy summer sizzle top, however, I am at the bust increase on the back portion. I am also going to Chickies tomorrow to do some shopping at Ann Taylor Loft (i've had a gift cert since last July that i have yet to use...) and to watch Enchanted, so, I will get some done them.
Sunday is Father's Day. I always have a hard time around this time of year even tho my dad's been gone for almost 12 years. I miss him, almost everday. Some days more than the others. I miss you and I love you daddy, Happy Father's Day.
Monday, June 9, 2008
Worked on my summer sizzle tank top Sat. and worked very little on it on Sunday...was a wee too tipsy to be weilding needles =D
That's really all I got for ya.
Hope you're weekend was just as good.
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Thimbles...that's what I really want to talk about... ok, not really, but i do heart me some Eddie Izzard and sometimes a little Eddie goes a long way.
Want to go home and knit more on my sizzle summer tank.
Depending on how far I get on it, I'll post a picture...if I can figure out how to...
And remember my little knits & purls, if you've never seen an elephant ski, than you've never been on acid.
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
was a half hour late to work because of a mystery traffic jam, it's raining out, i'm sleepy & whiney and i just want to go home and hide under the covers.
on the knitting front, i completed the 1.5 inches of seed stitch and about 3 inches of the stockenette stitch, another inch and i get to do something fancy with the back that involve stitch markers.
am almost done with season 5 of 24 and OMG!
am going to go crawl under my desk and chew my hair now.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
treats: kettle corn, which was soooo good, i need to buy more!!) sour patch kids & swedish fishies, hand made soap and candles, the soap is lavender citrus and smells heavenly.
Friday, May 30, 2008
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Anywho, I ended up frogging my self pattening sock as it was too snug. made me sad but it would have made me sadder to have a pair of socks that fit no one and sit in a drawer being unloved.
Have also decided to frog my Noro tube. I really want to do something pretty pattern with it, maybe something lacey even and since I have joined the SoS 2008, I will be able to do that. So, until June 21st, when the SoS start, I will work on my birthday sweater. YAY!
I am sleepy and am signing off this short and pointless post.
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Anywho, haven't done any walking this past week, so basically am still feeling like a lazy lump.
I started knitting up my Noro sock...I have the ribbing done, I just don't know what pattern to do as Northen Math Magic is lost on me and i didn't cast on enough stitches for the lacey pattern i wanted to do and am 8 stitches over to knit a pair of monkeys. I have 2 options, rip it all out and restart, make a plain ol stockenette sock or the Phinneas socks.
They are doing construction next door and all I can hear is power tools and hammering, it's loud and I've only consumed 1 cup of coffee...want to go next door and take away their power tools...
::I never did mind about the little things, I never did mind about the little things...::
Anywho! moving on... have started watching Weeds (gotta love Netflix on demand!) is a good show, me likey very much!
Ok, I'm going to go save my sanity and knit sock.
Monday, May 19, 2008
I did some shopping this past weekend, for my favorite things swap of ravelry, my sweetie and for myself... ok, mostly for me and not so much the sweetie.
Books and movie purchases: Jane Austen: The Compete Novels and Cooking for Mr. Latte. I must say, I love the book fluff that comes out in the summer time. Also got season 5 of '24'! OMG!! O! M! G! Such a kick ass start. I do so lurves me some Jack Bauer, can't wait till next Jan. when season 7 starts. This is why I shouldn't be allowed in bookstores unsupervised.
Alcohol purchases: Jack Daniel's Gentleman Jack (for my sweetie), Chivas Regal (originally bought for my sweetie, but has been taken over by me, as it is super yummy mixed with ginger ale) Margarita in a bottle (small bottle, sadly there is no room in the fridge for the jug o margarita) and a bottle of TGIF Pina Coloda (and yes, I like getting caught in the rain)
Sadly there was no yarny purchases or even any yarn related purchases. So sad. :'(
Finally saw the Devil's Advocate, thank god for Al Pacino because Keanu is lacking something...what is it? oh ya, talent! Dude couldn't even stick with the southern accent throughout scene let alone the entire movie. And the ending, very disspointing, would have been happier if it just ended when Keanu shoots himself in the head. Am done ranting now. =D
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Am working on random little knitterly things here and there, a plain ol sock in some stash yarn that is making it's own pattern as it goes...neat-o-rific man and here i just thought it just stripped itself. Stripped or striped? Man my spelling leaves a lot to be desired, this is what happens when you are taught to spell phonetically, but i digress.
Am trying to get better at capitalization, still liking just having everything in lower case. I think it just comes down to sheer laziness on my part.
Dudes, it's only Wednesday...which normally would be fine except for the part where all day yesterday I thought it was Wednesday, so imagine my disapointment this morning when I realized that today was in fact Wednesday and not Thursday.
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Thursday, May 1, 2008
I proceeded to show him the contents of the little box, he pet each skein as I showed it to him, admiring the colors, he rubbed it on his cheek to feel the softness, then he did something, I've never seen a person do, he sniffed the yarn. I've heard rumors of yarn sniffers, but I though they were a yarny urban legend, didn't think they really existed. Now I know, they do exist and my sweetie one of them, he is a yarn sniffer.
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Yesterday would have been my ex hubby and I's 7 year anniversary.
The divorce, was all me. It one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make, and there are some days that I wonder if I made the right one, but deep down, I know I did and that we are both better because of it. Ex, is doing his rock star thing, with the Rationales, something I don't think he would have pursued if we had stayed married. I told him that one reflective day. That see, something good came of it, and that I was proud of him, because I am, and that even though we aren't married anymore, that I still love him and want him to be happy, and that sentiment is still true.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
My favorite movie is It's a Wonderful Life. I cry whenever I see it. I even cried at the Kay Jewlers commercials that used the "what is that you want? You want the moon?" scene. When my ex hubby and I were dating, he had taken me to the movies to see it on the big screen. After which, he asked what I wanted, I told him the moon. Lo and behold sometime later, he presented me with the moon. It was plastic and cut in half so you could hang it on the wall or ceiling or where ever, but it was the moon. As I was packing to move this past weekend, I accidently stepped on the moon, and broke it, and there was no way to save it, and I had to toss it and my heart broke a little bit more.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
~ my sweetie, who although doesn't wear my hand-knits, loves and appreciates me, even when I'm a grumpy gus.
~ chickie, who because she's my mother, has to love me, but she also likes me, I consider her my best friend.
~ my bbt, who is just the coolest brother anyone could hope to have.
~ my ex-hubby, who although we are no longer married, is still a good friend, an excellent song writer/guitar player and all around great guy.
~ my kitties, Sirius, Lila and now Felix, who maybe fury and four legged, make me laugh like no ones business.
~ my friends, for always being there.
~ Harvey because there is good out there.
Anywho...please allow me to bitch for a moment:
Years ago, I knit my friend a sweater for her 1st baby, to my knowlege, it was never used. I'll be honest, it hurt a little, as alot of effort was put into the sweater, it didn't look "hand-made" (ya'll know what i mean by that...).
My ex-hubby (the handsome guy sporting the tiara in "Birthdays & Knitting") would not allow me to knit him a sweater and had more scaves than any man should have (which to his credit he wore out in public as opposed to my sweetie, but I digress) and this was before I learned to knit socks, thank god as the man has huge and wide tootsies.
I knit my sweetie a scarf, which he used around the house a couple of times, and that was it and I recently knit him a pair of socks, which have never been tried on, let alone used.
Am I being unreasonable? If I am, please tell me, cause I'd like to know.
I mean, honestly, why do I bother? I like to knit for others, but there's no point and it's unappreciated and just a waste of my time, so, I am going to be selfish, and knit things for myself.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
I have been lurking on Ravelry, the past couple of days, and I have realized that I suck as a knitter in comparison to those on Ravelry. Seriously, I hope to be as good as them someday.
Speaking of Ravelry, I joined a KAL, the log cabin one to be exact. yay me! 4 months into the New Year and I just started getting with my resolutions.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Of course, the first thing I do, is post an issue that I'm having with my monkey socks. I want to love making them like everyone else, but for the on round 4 needles 3 and 4, I end with 15 stitches on each needle instead of 16 and that seriously messes up the pattern. I don't know how that happens. Hopefully, Ravelry will let me know.
I need a nap.
Friday, April 11, 2008
Happy 37th Birthday Davey!!
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
I lent Chickie a book, The Knitting Circle, by Ann Hood, and she read it and enjoyed it, and then she asked me, does everyone start knitting because of a tragedy? I didn't know how to answer that. I can't remember when i started to seriously knit, I think it was after I got married, certainly not a tragedy even tho we are no longer together. But it got me thinking, how did everyone out there in bloggy-land get started?
Monday, April 7, 2008
This weekend I went to Chickies (to do laundry & to hang out as DB was working) and we rented "Jane Austin Book Club". OMG! EXCELLENT movie, and Kathy Baker pretty much knits throughout the entire movie, which I thought was great. It made me want to read Jane Austin, who, and I'll be honest here, I've been afraid to read, as in HS I had to read Emily Bronte's "Jane Eyre" and OMG, that was the longest, most boring book I have ever read. But, I think that I will give Ms. Austin a chance and see what happens. Which book to start with....
Also watch "Dan in Real Life" with DB, which was surprisingly funny. I was a little unsure about it, but I was proved wrong. DB is confuddeled at the fact that I can knit and watch T.V. at the same time. I'm sure others do this as well and if you do, is your partner just as confuddled as mine is at the doing 2 things at once? It's actually kind of funny really.
The kitties will be moving in this weekend. I am nervous as DB has a cat, a male cat, and I have a male & female cat. Everyone has me paranoid that it will be a 24 hour Battle Royal between the 2 male cats. Any advice?
ok, I need a nap now.
Friday, April 4, 2008
I just started watching Lost and OMG! what a fantastic show that is. Am I the only one whose crushing on Hurley? Probably not huh?
On the knitting front, am having a hard time with knitting with the mohair. I think it's because
I'm not use to knitting with something as fine as that, who knows. Will give it another go today when I finish my 10th log cabin square. I hope that it's just hard to start with and then gets easier as you go.
Thursday, April 3, 2008
That being said, the point to this little entry...
I was knitting the men's zip up raglan from Last Minute Knitted Gifts for Frank, my FIL, who I absolutely adored. I started it in the spring of 2004 and it was going to be gifted to him as a father's day present from just me (as opposed to my then hubby and myself). I envisioned him wearing it in the office on chilly days or if the AC was up to high and the girls he worked with commenting on it and him saying how his daughter in law knit it for him.
Father's Day came and went and the sweater wasn't done (I remember I had to frog it a bunch of times because of stupid mistakes), so it will be a Christmas sweater, I knit it all throughout the summer, I was knitting it when the Red Sox beat the Yankee's and made Billy Crystal cry, when we Won the Series (first time in 86 years!!) and every chance I could after that (was working crazy hours).
Christmas came and went and i had just started the second sleeve. Shortly thereafter I decided to get a divorce. It was a hard decision but the right one, my husband and I were polite roommates, it was no one persons fault, sometimes love just isn't enough. At that point I put the sweater away, too sad to knit on it anymore.
I decided earlier this year that I would finish all my UFO's, and that means my FIL sweater. I don't know who to gift it to, as it was knit for Frank, it has all my daughterly love for him in it. . I have thought about giving it to him anyway, but I think that would be akward. Then I thought about giving it to my brother or best friend Mike, and it's not that I think they wouldn't appreciate it but I never see either of them wearing sweaters, and besides it wasn't knit for them.
I guess there is really no point to this little entry. Who knew a simple sweater could create so much confusion and emotion.
Monday, March 31, 2008
I didn't do much knitting over the weekend, my tummy was either doing flip flops or I was napping or daydreaming about napping.
It's Tuesday now, and thanks to an old podcast of She-Knits, I signed up for Ravelry. I want to be a cool kid.
Thursday, March 27, 2008
I am quite pleased with myself today. I was able to finish DB socks that I knit for him a while ago. Up until yesterday, I had no clue how to close the toes and reading directions on how to do a kitchener stitch baffled me to no end, but thanks to youtube.com and some wonderful lady who was kind enough to record a tutorial of how to do a kitchener stitch, I too can now kitchener stitch like no one's business! I'm so happy that I finally learned, I want to knit more socks, just so I can graft the toes shut. =)
I actually just started a new pair of socks, pattern from hello yarn...skull socks of fury! oh how i love skulls.
and once again, I am late to the party...
Here’s what you do:
Open your music library, set settings to “Shuffle” and play. Record each song in order with the category. Be amazed! astounded! at your mp3 player’s ability to perfectly represent you as a music-listening artist.1. Opening Credits: Far Behind - Candlebox
2. Childhood: On a Plain - Nirvana
3. First Day of School: Evenflow - Pearl Jam
4. Falling in Love: Losing All - Down
5. Breaking Up: Sanctified - NIN
6. Falling in Love Again: Only a Fool - Black Crows
7. Breaking Up Again: Miss Independent - Kelly Clarkson
8. Prom: Love Me Tonight - Tom Jones
9. Birth of Child: Waking the Dead - Suicidal Tendencies
10. Life Sucks: Planet Caravan - Pantera (i do heart me some Phil)
11. Life’s Okay: Keep on Loving You - REO Speedwagon
12. Mental Breakdown: Fight for Your Right to Party - Beastie Boys
13. Driving Theme: Truckin' - Greatful Dead
14. Flashback: Temptations Wing - NOLA
15. High School Reunion: Gunpowder and Lead - Miranda Lambert
16. Commitment Ceremony: Dotcha - Pussycat Dolls
17. Middle Age: Mercedes Benz - Janis Joplin
18. Last Years: How Will I Laugh Tomorrow - Suicidal Tendencies
19. Funeral Song: Buena - Morphine
20. End Credits: She Cries & Sings - Martin Sexton
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
I am a fraud. I don't really knit with Grey's, I cry with Grey's and well, crying and knitting, 2 great tastes that don't go great together. I feel much better getting that off my chest.
In knitting news I have 6 squares for my log cabin blanket done, am currently awaiting my LYS to get in some new Noro colors. To feed my hunger a simple knit, have decided to knit DB mom a scarf. It's knit with Mohair, in the round. Now, the issiue I'm having is that they reccomend using a 16 inch circular needle with 120 stitches, it seems too long to me. Should I try with a larger size needle (size 9). I don't know.
Monday, March 10, 2008
Do they sell Blogger for dummies? I want to show pics of the kitten on the sidebar, but I don't want them always out, and I don't know how to do that! Help?!?
The Log Cabin Kureyon Blanket I started Friday...well, I have 2 squares already done, (pictures soon) to anyone thinking about making this, I say go for it! So~o easy (talk to me again when I'm cursing trying to put the stupid thing together) and the squares are QUICK, oh my! are they quick. However, I am using Silk Garden instead of Kureyon as I had an extra skein of Silk Garden left over from chickies Birthday scarf. Will post pictures as soon as I learn how.
1. Knit something lace
2. Knit something with cables
3. Learn Entrelac and knit a Lady Eleanor (yes I know, I've very late to the party)
4. Will join a KAL
5. Will join a swap of some sort or the Sock Pal (unless that is a secret club...who knows)
Friday, March 7, 2008
1. Ex FIL's sweater ~ which will gifted to BBT (Big Brother Todd) at Christmas. One sleeve down, one to go. Once second sleeve is complete it's just a matter of piecing it together and putting in a zipper. wee...
2. Knit a pair of socks (or two) for the Chickie (mom).
4. Finish The Log Cabin Kureyon Blanket I started last night inspired by this. Methinks it will be a Christmas prezzie for DB (darling boyfriend).
5. Christmas Stocking for BBT. Won't he be surprised to find it hanging above the chimney with care.
6. Finish the "Prison Break" hat ~ born on having a skein of yarn and a set of circulars in the car and 2 hours to kill waiting for my then boyfriend to post bail.
7. Finish my Birthday Sweater, front down, back started, 2 sleeves left to go. Is there a way to knit both sleeves at once? hmmm.