Monday, March 19, 2012

St. Patty's Day Yarn Crawl! (pictures tomorrow)

This year Yarn Crawl weekend was also St. Patrick's Day weekend! I think it was Thursday-Sunday.  Oh my!  I didn't crawl until Saturday, and even then I only went to 2 shops.  My goal was to go to 2 new shops and not to buy a lot.  I did both, yay me. 

I went to a lovely shop in Winchester where I got 2 skeins of Malabrigo Rios, for a lovely scarf for myself, as well as 4 skeins of some Alpaca yarn for my friend G's scarf and I mean want him to be warm in the winter, and the yarn was 20%off...and so soft and squishy, I had no choice really, I'm sure you understand. 

The only issue with super soft alpaca yarn is that it can't be tossed into the wash, which is fine, I will take care of laundering it for him. 

I also went to a shop in Melrose, which was nice as well, kinda close to closing time, so I'll have to go back to get a real feel of the store.  There I got 2 skeins of blue cascade  superwash 220 sport.  Gonna knit my little monkey butt an owls vest.

And that my friend is all she wrote, because she, meaning me, is tired.  :D

No comments: