Friday, June 15, 2012

Franks Sweater of Doom

It really isn't a sweater of doom, it's actually quite delightful to work on, well, from what I remember.  I started this lone sweater for Frank, my now ex father in law, in 2004 when the Red Sox were in their first play off's for the World Series.  It was going to be a Christmas present, then Father's day, then Christmas again.  Then my husband and I got divorced, and into storage the sweater went.  When I was living with Doug, I decided to knit on it a bit and got the second sleeve done.  Then it went back into hibernation.  I was debating frogging the sweater and reclaiming the yarn, but, I put so much time and most importantly love, into the sweater, I just couldn't do it. 
I finally rescued it from storage, where it's been living for far to long.  I'm determined to finish it, hopefully by the time the Ravelympics start. 
I don't know who will be the lucky recpient of the sweater. I would love for my brother to get it, but, it won't fit him, nor will it fit my oldest nephew Christopher.

I'm *this* close to finishing my tall socks, one more night of t.v. knitting and they should be done.  :)

No comments: