Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Gratitude for 2013

With the new year only a week away, I've been thinking about what my word of the year will be. Last year I stole Lacy's word of Nourish.  It served me well despite not doing all I wanted to do.  I stopped doing yoga, but I will be hopefully starting it back up again in the new year. I did not curb my caffeine addiction, but I will say, I haven't been drinking as much. The meatless thing never really took off.

I started knitting daily for enjoyment, I find that I get crabby if I don't get a couple of rows in. I still pray, though not as often as I did at the beginning of the year. I am eating more veggies. I've started exercising daily and surprisingly, I find it enjoyable.  All these small changes add up to a better, happier me. 

I don't know what 2013 will hold in store for me, hopefully, more joy, peace, love, faith and gratitude. 

My goal of 2013, to be grateful and to find beauty and goodness in everyday.

I grabbed some apps to help me start, a gratitude journal, a couple of quote (365 happy days & Buddha quotes)and a Buddha board.

I'll continue with the good habits I picked up this year and hopefully as the new year progresses, I'll have more good habits to add to my list. 

What about you?

2 comments:

judith said...

I like that! I just downloaded the two Buddah aps, thanks for that too. I'm thinking - Blessings. You know, reminding myself of the blessings in my life and also bestowing blessings on others. Maybe even doing like my sister and give extra large tips to people and telling them Merry Christmas thorough out the year, like she says "why just do it one month of the year?"

me said...

you're welcome for the app suggestions. there really is an app for everything. i like your idea of 'blessings', i may need try to incorporate that into 2013.