Monday, November 11, 2013

The Fishermans Socks

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.

Teach a man to fish and you can get rid of him for the weekend.

Boyfriend Socks by Alice Bell
Knit on size 1.5 needles
Yarn: Sundara Sport Merino Two
Color way: Cape Cod Bay

The socks, they are done and best of all, he loves them! They fit well and are warmed than a pair of silk lined socks he once had, and they go well with his robe.

I started a second pair of socks for him yesterday for him, out of Lion Brand Fishermen's wool on size 6 needles, so, it's really no surprise that I turned the heel this morning.  Hopefully these will be done by Friday. 

I am most proud of the sock label I made to wrap around these. I took a cartoon drawing my fisherman's brother drew of him, made it black & white (I do not have a color printer) put it in the center with the sock name at the top & knit for you with love and under the picture was a cute little joke along with the care instructions.

I've gotten a little tripped up on my Irish Coffee, but I have a feelings once I get past this little hurdle, it'll be smooth sailing for the sweater (fingers crossed). 

No comments: