Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Who is Holly?

(Probably should have been the first posting...but it wasn't so tough :p)

Holly Golightly: the naïve, eccentric woman from Breakfast at Tiffany's.   

I've always been the kind of gal who will skip down the street, catch a snowflake on her tongue and if in the right mood, will strike up a conversation with a stranger.  I don't talk, I babble on randomly, my thoughts bouncing from one subject to another and then if I can remember what it is, back to my original thought.  I compare it to that of a 4 year with A.D.D on a sugar high.  The boy remembers this from way back when walking around Davis Sq.  He told me in one of our emails that, that I seemed so alive to him then. 
He also mentioned that I had changed from that girl back then and he was right.  Back then I never really cared what others thought of me, I was comfortable with who I was, and happy with myself, and yet somewhere in the living of life, the older I got, I started caring what others thought and tried to conform to what they wanted.  I had lost my inner Holly.  
Well boys & girls, I made a vow to myself to get her back.  I need to find a place where me and things go together.  So I ask you 'What Would Holly Do?'. 

No comments: