Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Yarnia

 I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Over the long weekend I played in yarnia, (aka as my closet) and I started my journey of taking pictures of my yarn and posting them on Ravelry. 
(OMG! Cool Rider!) 
Sadly the pictures are on my home computer, so I'll post here later. 

I started a jacket for my pooh bear, got as far as the beginging of the sleeves (it's all one piece) when I decided it was too small (was going with the 3-6 mos.) tore it out and cast on for a larger 6-9 mos. version.  So far it's just a row of 52 stitches about 1 inch thick in stockingette stitch, so nothing really exciting to photograph.

I think over the course of the upcoming year that I will in fact knit the girls each a blanket.  Log Cabin for one and Mitered Crosses for the other, similar, but different, maybe with a couple of books, like Charlotte's Web.  I remember loving that as a kid. 

Speaking of Christmas, brother, SiL, mother & I decided not to exchange gifts this year as it's usually an argument of 'what do you want for Christmas?'  'I don't know, I don't really need anything.'  'But it's not what you need, it's what you want.'  over and over again starting around the beginning of November, annoying right? Ya.

So we are exchanging stockings instead, we have a $100 dollar limit on it, as small things are just as expensive as big things sometimes, even more so as you need more of them.  I am ok with thinking of things for SiL (Hello Pier One!) it's my brother that is causing me trouble, what fun things can I get for him?  And why is it, you are at a complete loss as to gifts and as soon as you decide not to exchange them you're flooded with a thousand ideas? 

Sorry this is so blah as far as posts go. 
:(
xoxo

No comments: