It is offically 2011. A fresh start for a new year. My room is clean, my knitting organized, ok, just a couple of things but the closet is alot neater than it was so that's a win in my book.
I finished one of my stornoways sock. Ooooh, purdy.
I am at the ribbing stage of my BSG sock.
Also, I knit a heart before falling asleep last night, in Noro no less. It's pretty and pink. Granted I still have to weave in the ends, but I'm planning to stuff it, so, I can't weave till it's stuffed, so there :p
Meet my original monkey George. Now I've had George for years!! My big squishy. Here he is modeling my button hat. I got 2 little faux diamond flower buttons as I couldn't find my big button I got originally for the hat. I kinda like the flower buttons better anyway. (I'll try to get a close up of them)
Resolutions, everyone has them, here are mine:
- Be a better blogger: that means post more of projects here, including pictures
- Update my Ravelry project page: hey, I'm uploading pictures to here anyway, what's putting them somewhere else.
- Knit 1,000 hearts: if a wish can be granted by 1,000 folded paper cranes, why not 1,000 knitted hearts?
- Be a better person: I suck, I know this, let me 'splain. I'm a moody bitch, who on a bad day has the patience of a rabid pitbull. On a good day, I'm funny, pleasant, happy-go-lucky. My goal, have more good days and have less life rage.
- Live my life for myself: Granted, you do have to take other people into consideration, and I understand that. But when you start to ignore what you want in favor of what others want then I think it's a problem. Yes I know, it's a smidge selfish and that's ok, it's allowed, like everything in moderation.
- Get in touch with my inner Holly Go-Lightly: have the confidence I had when I was HS. The crazy one who took a belly dancing class on a whim, who maybe wasn't so crazy.
- Not believe the hype and just be myself: I'm done caring what other people think of me (see above) If you like me, you like me, if not, your loss. I'm fabulous, I know it. :p
- Knit more: I know right. I have my 12in2011 projects (will post those later) all set up, written down with the yarn I'll be using for each project. Using up stash yarn - yay me!
- Swear less: I have the mouth of sailor on leave (no idea where that turn of phrase came from but I digress) now, this doesn't mean that if I stub my toe, I'm not going to drop the F-bomb, studies show that swearing helps the pain go away faster, I'm sure I read that somewhere....
- The standards: Eat better, more fruits, veggies etc, drink more water, exercise etc.
- Let go of my anger: Learn to forgive.
- Have faith: In myself and in others. The older you get, the harder it seems to be to see the good in people and yourself.
- More whimsy: twinkle lights, fairies, swinging on swings, catching snowflakes on my tongue, skipping down the street, running around barefoot in the grass. More silly, more fun.
That's all I got, all do-able I think. What are yours?