Monday, January 10, 2011

Hearts

I'm still knitting on my little hearts. I have about 36 hearts knit up, I'll have an offical count later this week. 12 out of the 36 are made with leftover sock yarn, unstuffed but sewn up, any non felted hearts from here on out will be stuffed with cotton balls to make them all purdy and fluffy.
The remaining 24 hearts are knit up from the noro leftover from my log cabin blanket, which I plan on stuffing and felting.

Each of my little hearts take me about 30 minutes each to complete, and I can usually get 2 out of the leftover Noro which is nice.

I'm excited and nervous about the Noro ones as I've never felted before. I'm usualy Silk Garden so I know it won't felt felt, but from what I've read, the stitches should fill out, I'll post pictures when the ones I have are felted. I have a lonely skein of Keyron in a pinky color, I think I may have to make some hearts out of it.

2 comments:

luganknitter said...

Kudos to you! I can never seem to do repetitive things like that! Even knitting up squares for blankets is tedious!

Can't wait to see pics!

me said...

It's a mindeless knit, which is nice. and quick, i mean super quick! talk about instant gratification. perfect for my knitting a.d.d.